David Duchovny’s new movie Phantom released March 1 in theaters across America.
Duchovny portrays “Bruni,” a mysterious KGB officer with a plan that could instigate World War III. Ed Harris is “Demi” who must save the world from this fate. This Cold War thriller takes place on a submarine, which is where Mulder found himself during End Game (The X-Files 2.17).
Reviews for the movie applaud the acting by Harris and Duchovny.
The film is rated “R” for violence and runs 1 hour and 37 minutes.
The X-Files Gillian Anderson has been cast as the lead in a new conspiracy series from NBC. According to Reuters, “The pilot concerns an international conspiracy that pulls in Washington’s most powerful players.
An unlikely puppeteer brings everyone from CEOs to The President of the United States to their knees by threatening the things they hold most dear. Forced together by dire circumstances, these power brokers, the FBI and a rookie secret service agent must unravel the mystery to take back control of their lives.
The project comes from 20th Century Fox Television.”
We celebrate that Anderson will appear on American television again, but we must ask why Fox can’t see fit to bring Anderson and David Duchovny back together for a mini-series or a movie ?
For our viewing pleasure, we’ll watch Scully and Mulder in
1. Leonard Betts
2. Memento Mori
3. Small Potatoes
Today at www.teefury.com, this beautiful Scully t-shirt is featured for only $10! Yes, $10!
This black t-shirt shows Scully sitting on a UFO with the words, “I Want to Believe” blazoned across it. She is dressed in a gray form-fitting suit and holding her gun. And yes, she has good hair!
Go today and buy a shirt! This is yet another small way to show the world that the X-Files fandom is alive and well.
Now we need Mulder! And the Lone Gunmen! And Skinner! And maybe a clincher pose with Scully and Mulder. And…
The Ultimate Fanfic Winner is “Pyrexia”, written by philefic. This story is a riveting casefile featuring Mulder and Scully. Summary: Skinner sends Mulder and Scully to Dallas to investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding his step-father’s death when a febrile dream that his sister had reveals there is more to what is documented in the coroner’s report. Mulder and Scully have been on top of their game in their investigations into the X-Files and in their personal relationship but will this case break them? Will the true nature of their relationship be revealed to their superiors and will they live to reveal their true feelings to each other?
The Ultimate Character Representation winner is “Sins of the Father” written by MHaines. This short story was selected from among the entries as most true to the characters as represented on the show. Summary: Mulder is trapped in an underground boxcar as Cancer Man attempts to burn him alive after Mulder discovers the bodies of human test subjects.
The Most Likely to be a Chris Carter Episode is “Waiting for a Miracle” by Dana Hale. This piece asks the question: What is Scully to do when she finds a new chip implanted in her neck?
The Most Original Fanfic winner is “Triangle, Part Deux” by Dr. Fox. This light-hearted story tells what happens when The Lone Gunmen take Scully to Austria to look for Mulder, who has apparently time traveled again. This time, instead of a link to the Wizard of Oz, the Sound of Music makes an appearance.
The yearly fanfic contest sponsored by XFiles Universe has grown since it’s beginning in 2009. Now instead of entries being chosen in a short span of time, months are required for the judges to read all of the entries and whittle them down to the finalists. Entries come from around the world. Winners receive a script from the series.
XFU has a separate fanfic page located at www.xfilesuniverse.com/fanfic and fanfic may also be read at the forum: www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum. Please note that ratings are placed on fanfic works for a reason, and ratings range from G to Mature.
Mitch Pileggi (X-Files, Sons Of Anarchy), is joining the cast of “Dallas” as a series regular. During season one, Pileggi co-starred in an arc playing Brenda Strong’s ex-husband, Harris Ryland, a villain who controls influence over the entire Ewing family.
The new “Dallas” is a big hit, both in the U.S. and in Britain. The series airs on TNT.
Frank Spotnitz, well loved X-Files alum, has a new series, Hunted. The trailer aired tonight during the London Olympics and was shown prior exclusively at Den of Geek.
Hunted is an eight-part series starring Melissa George as Sam Hunter, a spy who is trying to survive and solve an attempt on her life.
The series will air in the US on October 26th on Cinemax, and will air this fall on BBC One in the UK.
Better yet, are you ready to play fantasy football with X-Files fans?
It’s time for the X-Files Universe Fantasy Football League!
Go to http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaguedirectory
Then in the search box on the right side of the page, type in X-Files Universe and the league will pop up. Join and play for free!
Prizes are an X-Files script so you can study the craft from the ones who wrote the real things! See below for more details.
Awards will be given for the following:
1. The Ultimate Fanfic: The judges will be looking as the best-written and well-developed work of fiction from the finalists
2. The Ultimate Character Representation: The judges will be considering if the characters are consistent with their roles on the series
3. The Most Likely to be a Chris Carter Episode: The judges must think, “Chris wrote this.: The judges will be thinking along the lines of: Is this an unscreened episode?
4. The Most Original Fic: Judges will choose this fic for its original content, a new or unknown storyline, and its presentation
- The competition is open to all fans and fanfic writers, except the organizers and judges.
- A writer may submit a maximum of two stories for the contest. Your entry must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “fanfic contest” in the subject line.
- Each entry is eligible to win only one of the four award categories.
- The competition closes on September 1, 2012. Award winners will be announced by mid-October.
- Entries must be longer than 1000 words but less than 20,000 words.
- No poetry, songs, or non-fiction.
- Judging will be based on a point system. Final point ratings for each entry will not be disclosed. Judges decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail. Please provide us with a reliable e-mail address. If we cannot reach you within 72 hours of contact date for winning, the prize will be awarded to the runner-up.
- Prizes will be mailed.
How to Enter the 2012 Ultimate Fanfic Contest
1. Write, write, write! Write a new fic or send in one that you’ve already written.
2. Submit your entry to email@example.com , with the words “Fanfic Contest” in the subject line.
3. Please make sure your story is submitted in a format that we can access, copy, and post: a Word document, text file or as the content of your submission e-mail.
4. At the beginning of each story, please include the following:
- Written By (please provide the your real name):
- Author name (please provide the name you want your fanfic published under).
- E-mail address: (Your e-mail address will not be shared or utilized for any other purpose other than this contest)
- Time span or spoiler warning: Provide a time span for your story. Is your story situated during a specific season? If so, please let us know; it helps to give the reader some context. If your story provides spoilers for a particular episode, please list the episode name.
- Rating: Just like any movie rating, select one: G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17.
- Summary: A sentence summarizing your story.
- Category: The category of your story will not affect the judge’s opinion. Categories are
1. Romance – Relationships between the characters
2. Drama – Rooted in angst, conflict or discovery of various character traits and feelings
3. Comedy – Will provide a few laughs or smiles
4. Case File – A story that would have been a good episode
5. Action/Thriller – Keeps the reader on the edge of their seat
6. Alternate Universe – A story set in a historical or unusual setting
7. Crossover — A story that brings together characters from other works of fiction
By submitting to this contest, the author agrees to
1) Allow X-Files Universe to highlight or mention the story in a news article and/or social media.
2) Allow X-Files Universe to make the story accessible for readers either on the XFU forums or the XFU Fan Fiction Story Archive.
3) In addition, all winning stories must be submitted by the writer to our Fan Fiction Archive (http://www.xfilesuniverse.com/fanfic/). If your story is G, PG, PG-13 then it may also be posted in the XFU forums.
The judges will be using a point system. Points will be awarded for each of the qualities listed below. Each quality may be awarded 0-10 points (with 10 being the highest rating).
• Character Representation
• Best Potential X-Files Scene
The Ultimate Fan Fic Winner will be the highest point total of all categories (Prize = script of The Truth).
The Ultimate Character Representation Winner will be the story with the highest points in Character Representation (Prize = script of This is Not Happening, which introduced the character of Monica Reyes).
The Most Likely to be a Chris Carter Fic Winner will be the story with the highest points in Best Potential X-Files Scene (Prize = script of Pilot. Please note that a substitution will be made if you won this script last year).
The Most Original Fic Winner will be the story with the highest points in Originality (script of “Home,” which is definitely original).
Grammar, delivery and story-telling will be factored into the scoring. Even if a story is exceptionally creative and tops the charts on a particular category, reading difficulty and poor story delivery will be taken into account during the judging.
Pileggi had this to say about AD Skinner and a potential XFiles 3: “I think that he’s a very principled man, and I think that he should continue on with what he’s been doing. He believes in who he is and what he’s doing, obviously, because he put his career and his life on the line many times in support of Mulder and Scully.”
Watch the entire 10 minute interview HERE, and hear what Pileggi has to say about his love of Sci-Fi, Dallas, I Want to Believe, and XFiles 3.