10. Agua Mala – Touching moments, shipper moments, and scary moments abound in this MOTW episode. Mulder and Scully head to Florida during a hurricane to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Arthur Dales’ neighbors. Scary factor: dissolving bodies, things-that-make-you-jump, tension, and off-screen events.
9. Pusher – With his spoken word, a man has the ability to force people to kill themselves. Scary factor: the horror that victims experience, sociopath villain, Russian roulette scene.
8. Scary Monsters – Monsters under the bed, and they actually kill. Scary factor: replicating monsters, scary little boy.
7. Ice – “We are not who we are.” Mulder and Scully race against time to determine why the humans with the Arctic Ice Core Project killed each other and themselves. Scary factor: massive paranoia, creepy body infestation, and Scully’s clothing.
6. Folie a Deux – An office worker discovers that his co-workers are zombies. Scary factor: Mulder’s hospital scene, zombies.
5. Elegy – Those about to die see visions of those who are dying. Scary factor: Scully sees visions, and bowling alleys will forever seem creepy.
4. Squeeze – Mulder and Scully investigate a serial killer who emerges from hibernation every thirty years in order to eat human livers. Scary factor: Victor Eugene Tooms, Scully’s bathroom scene.
3. Chinga – Stephen King wrote this heavily revamped episode about a murderous talking doll. Scary factor: “I want to play,” the Hokey-pokey, and murder by microwave.
2. Irresistible/Orison – Psychological horror from a death fetishist, though Scully suspects that true evil is at work. Scary factor: Donnie Pfaster (need I say more?), Pfaster’s voice, suspense, and the final scene of Orison.
1. Home – Gruesome, chilling, creepy, shocking, disgusting, and just plain nasty…that is how Home can be described.
Mulder and Scully investigate the death of a mysterious child and encounter the Peacock Family. Scary factor: the Peacock Family, Johnny Mathis, and Sheriff Taylor’s murder is unforgettable.
Philes will remember last year’s X-Files calendar by forum member Unicorn 1013. The dazzling photos from Iceland portrayed the “X” against a breathtaking background from nature.
This year the same duo is bringing you a second calendar to benefit charity. This time the photos were taken in Canada, and as before, show the “X” in nature. All proceeds will go to the Buskaid Christmas charity supported by Gillian Anderson. Photos can be viewed on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32414&l=8fee632d5f&id=128687887186938
Here are the details:
Price (shipping included) for 1/2/3/4 calendar(s)
Germany: 27 € (thereof min. 2.50 € for charitiy) / 49 € / 70 €/ 91 €
Europa: 29 € (thereof min. 2.50 € for charitiy) / 51 € / 73 € / 95 €
Rest of the world: US $ 41 (thereof min. $ 3.50 for charitiy) / $ 58/ $ 87/ $ 116
If you would like to order, please write an e-mail, your name and address included, to: email@example.com, and they will contact you regarding the payment details. The calendar is regarded as ordered after the money is received. Orders are due by November 21st 2010 which will allow you to receive it in time for Christmas.
This week’s entry at our new affililate Geek Arts features a favorite X-Files artist of mine: Ratgirl84. I am always amazed at the artwork that people produce for the series. One of my favorites is her drawing of Mulder asleep.
XFiles Universe forums has a growing art collection. If you are an artist and would like to post your artwork or video, you can find it at www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum . There is a separate section for art and one for videos.
Video creators – remember the video contest! It is ongoing until December 14. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJrXXONfL4
And writers, we have just the right place for your fanfiction! You can post your X-Files fanfiction at www.xfilesuniverse.com/fanfic .
Check out the Geek Arts blog at http://thegeekarts.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-focus-x-files-by-ratgirl84.html .
Gillian Anderson has donated two set visits in addition to the two meet and greet sessions. These will take place on the set of her movie, Johnny English Reborn.
As reported here previously, David Duchovny has donated two tickets and a meet and greet session after his play, The Break of Noon.
For more information about bidding, go to http://www.ibginc.org/octauctions
XFilesUniverse.com member “XF4Life” has created a gift for all philes: a 2011 X-Files Calendar! It features Mulder and Scully, the Lone Gunmen, Chris Carter, and your favorite characters. You can reach it through our forums: http://www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=254&t=576
XF4Life is a talented Photoshop guru who has created banners for our website in addition to the 2010 and 2011 calendars featured in the forums and other X-Files artwork. She began using Photoshop beginning in her junior year of college when she was a Digital Art and Design major. Jump several years to the present, and you will see her skill is quite evident.
About the calendar, XF4Life says, “When I designed my calendar I wanted each month to represent a particular person or event. For instance, Scully’s birthday is February, so I wanted February to be about Scully. March you can see the promo when they first started the show with Scully and Mulder at their desk and then you see the IWTB promo picture. I wanted to show how much changed from when they first were together. I thought the quote was appropriate for that because this shows how it’s been popular for over 15 years. April is supposed to be a shipper month. Plus, it is when the spring begins and love is in the air.
‘In June is when “Fight The Future” came out in 1998. I wanted that month to reflect on the movie. In July “I Want To Believe” came out in 2008, again I wanted that month to reflect on the movie. Gillian and David’s Birthday is in August. That’s why I used Gillian and David’s picture. Mulder’s Birthday is in October so that’s why I wanted October to be about Mulder. For the rest of the months I just design whatever felt appropriated for that month.”
Love for the X-Files is evident in XF4Life’s work. “What really inspires me is re-watching the show and giving me new ideas to design. If I am just surfing the net I come upon other artist’s fan art and they give me some ideas. Also, my friends, especially maurisap and JeSouhaite.”
Her favorite episodes are considered classics in The X-Files world. “My favorite episode of all time is Bad Blood. I know, I know that’s a lot of people’s favorite episode, but it’s so hilarious and fun. I just love the two different sides of the story. Gillian and David are great in that episode. My favorite season is season 7 and season 6 close behind. I love season 7 because there is a lot of shippiness and also there is closure between Mulder and Scully. Mulder finally finds out what happen to his sister, Scully finding her path in life and finally accepting her feeling towards Mulder. I can watch that season over and over. I think I’ve watched that season probably 3-5 times.”
The calendars are approved by XF4Life for philes to download as long as credit providing remains on the artwork. Click on the link at the top of the article to take you to the forums for details.
According to XFiles Universe member Agent Addek, the meet and greet with David will follow the 3:00pm performance of his play on November 14. Two orchestra seat tickets to the performance are also included in the donated lot.
If you would like to register to bid on the auction, just go here to register: http://www.ibginc.org/octauctions. Once you register, an updated catalog and bidding form will be emailed to you. The actual auction is on October 23rd, but registration deadline is October 19.
Starting bid for this lot is $250.
David Duchovny, well-known for his work in The X-Files and Californication, stars in Neil LaBute’s “The Break of Noon.” It begins on October 28 at the Lucille Lortel Theater.
In honor of 1013 Day, XFilesUniverse.com is hosting a Video Challenge! So vidders, get ready for “X-Files: 2012 and Beyond!”
Any video created during this year is eligible, and must be submitted October 13 – December 14.
The winning video is determined by viewers’ votes, which will take place from December 15-31 at www.xfilesuniverse.com. The winner will be announced January 1.
Here are the nitty gritty details:
- Videos must be created during 2010.
- Looking to 2012 and beyond could mean reflecting on the past, thinking towards XFiles 3, or even a crossover video as Philes branch out, but should reflect the theme.
- Videos showing work originally created by another vidder will be disqualified.
- Submission: Please post your videos as a response at youtube or blip.tv.
or send a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
· It is probably safest to share your video with our channel AND email a link.
- All videos should include “XFilesUniverse.com: 2012 and Beyond Contest” in the title or subtitle to clearly identify it as a contest submission.
Prizes: All participants’ videos will be featured at XFilesUniverse.com and participants receive a contest badge. The winner will receive a feature on XFilesUniverse.com & an original signature and banner proclaiming you as the winner of the XFilesUniverse.com video contest.
You may notice that to the left of this article is a search bar for Amazon. If you are someone who is purchasing from Amazon, would you please consider searching for the item from our newspage? Once you click on the item, it will take you to Amazon and your purchase will carry out like normal. Any commission made from this process will go towards the cost of maintaining XFiles Universe.
Thank you in advance!