David Duchovny makes his stage debut at the MCC Theater in New York City beginning October 28, appearing in the world premiere production of Neil LaBute’s The Break of Noon. Performances begin at the Lucille Lortel Theatre on October 28, directed by Jo Bonney.
Tickets are available and there are a few deals. According to the MCC Theater website, if you are under 30 years of age, you can buy one ticket online for under $20! Students also can receive a discount. Here is the link: http://www.mcctheater.org/tickets.html.
Duchovny will star as John Smith, a man who, amidst the chaos and horror of the worst office shooting in American history, sees the face of God. His modern-day revelation creates a maelstrom of disbelief among everyone he knows. A newcomer to faith, John urgently searches for a modern response to the age-old question: At what cost salvation?He
After three hours of waiting through two other panels, the XFilesUniverse.com’s own “Nellufy” finally got to reach her goal: David Duchovny. During the other panels, by watching others and learning, Nellufy developed her strategy for securing the mic.
The strategy worked, because Nellufy was privileged to ask David Duchovny a question during the panel “Our Heroes Have More Fun.” David Duchovny was there to represent Californication, but answered questions about Twin Peaks, Californation, and Nellufy’s question “”After being recognized as Fox Mulder for over a decade, how was it like transitioning into a different character, Hank Moody?” Nellufy reports people cheered when she said the words Fox Mulder
You can see that particular answer at about 1:25 in the clip.
The Second Annual XFU Ultimate Fanfic Contest is coming to a close soon. Have you submitted your story? Remember, if you submitted it before the new site went up, then you should resubmit it just to be safe.
Here are the rules one more time:
The Ultimate Fanfic Contest 2010
1. Relationships, any character combinations from the series
2. Case file
3. Alternative universe
4. Second language fic
1. The Ultimate Relationship Fic
2. The Ultimate Case file Fic
3. The Ultimate Alternative Universe Fic
4. The Ultimate Second Language Fic
1. The Ultimate Fanfic (Open only to first and second place category winners)
2. Best Written Fanfic (Need not be Category winner)
3. The Ultimate Character Representation (Need not be category winner)
4. Most likely to be a Chris Carter fic (Need not be a category winner)
5. The Most Original Fic
1. The competition is open to all fans and fanfic writers, except the organizers, sponsors, and judges.
2. Only one entry per person per category will be accepted, you may enter every category or enter a fic for more than one category
3. The competition closes on the 31 of July 2010, and prizes will be awarded the first week of September.
4. Fics are limited to 7000 words Approx 10 pages. Shorter fics are allowed but must be longer than 1000 words
5. Judges decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Prizes will be forwarded by mail. Complete prize list will be posted on the site no later than 1 month before closing date.
7. Winners will be notified by E mail so please insure the e mail you sent your entry from will be reachable. (We experienced some complications last year with one of the winners)
8. Please ensure that your entry is E-Mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only have one address this year so please place in the subject box which category your entering into.
9. All entries are to have the following, Failure to comply with this will result in your fic being rejected by the judges.
Time span or spoiler warning:
The Judging of the 2010 Ultimate Fanfic Contest
The Contest Categories and their Judging
1. Relationships: Any Characters from the Series
And we do mean any character combinations; the judges will be looking into the possibility even probability of the said relationship. How true you have remained to the characters in question, and the situation you have placed them in. As well as their response to this.
2. Case file
Would this have made a good episode? will be the first question on the judges’ mind, closely followed by would it even be remotely possible within the realms of science?
3. Alternative universe
Give Mulder and Scully kids, marry them, split them up, give William twelve toes and paranormal powers. Here you can do what you like. The judges are looking for a good story, something along the lines of what Chris would come up with to taunt us / please us (Triangle is a good example). If the way out is not your thing, give a character in the series a new/extended personality.
This category if sufficient entries are received will be split.
4. Second Language Fic
This Category is open to everyone who does not have English as a maiden language, here the judges will look for storyline, Spelling and Grammar will to some extend be overlooked, but not completely dismissed, how well the story reads will be taken into consideration.
Overall Prizes and their Judging
1. The Ultimate Fanfic (Open only to First and Second place Category Winners)
The judges will be looking as the best-written and thought through fic from the finalists
2. Best Written Fanfic (Need not be Category Winner)
Judges will be looking at writing style, does the fic read well, and how the story flows from one point to another
3. The Ultimate Character Representation (Need not be Category Winner)
Judges will be looking for the best representation of a character in the series within a story.
4. Most likely to be a Chris Carter fic (Need not be a Category Winner)
The judges must think, “Chris wrote this”, so the judged will be thinking along the lines of: is this an unscreened episode?
5. The Most Original Fic (Need not be a Category Winner)
Judges will choose this fic for it’s original content, a new or unknown storyline, and it’s presentation.
10. Meet my friends in the chatroom on Thursday nights for the ReWatch Project. Where else can we discuss the fashion impaired, visually oblivious wardrobe manager for Scully?
9. Cut out all the press releases for Gillian Anderson’s “Johnny English” movie for your scrapbook.
8. Download your free copy of “Pilot” from ITunes so you can watch it at work.
7. Finish memorizing the words to “Bad Blood.” You never know when a quote is needed.
6. Go to NYC to watch David Duchovny on Broadway.
5. Finish the fanfic for the XFU Annual Fanfic contest!
4. Spend time Duchovny-Carter-Spotting. Not stalking, spotting. There’s a difference. Recent photos have them together the beach and at a ball game, but there must be more!
3. Report local UFO activity to a MUFON group. They believe.
2. Practice running in high heels. If Scully can do it, so can you.
1. Start posting in the forums at xfilesuniverse.com!
David Duchovny narrates the book trailer for “The Beaufort Diaries” by T. Cooper. This 96-page book is a satire about polar bear forced to flee his Arctic home and so he goes to Hollywood to find fame and fortune. Follow the link to watch the trailer:
You have been missing it. You have been asking for its return. Well here it is!
The XFU Fanfic Section is BACK!
Luckily Killashandra had saved many of the fanfics that were present on the old site, so most are not lost. They are uploaded on the page under the name “X-Files Universe.” Now you too can start adding your fanfics!
If you want to read, no sign in is necessary. If you want to post, you’ll need to sign up with your xfu username. You will then receive an email with a temporary password. Use this to log-in, then change it to your desired password.
Here is the link. http://xfilesuniverse.com/fanfic/
Get your XFiles fix! Wildstorm and IDW is releasing a comic mini-series featuring X-Files and 30 Days of Night. The series begins this month. 30 Days of Night creator Steve Niles is co-writing the comic with Adam Jones, the guitarist for Tool. Tom Mandrake is in charge of the art.
The official synopsis sounds interesting. “When evidence of a possible cannibal killer in Wainright, Alaska draws the attention of the FBI, Agents Mulder and Scully draw the less-than-glamorous assignment. But all is not as it seems once the agents are on the ground. Not only has the long seasonal darkness begun to fall, but there’s something unnatural about a few of the locals. And what does a chilling, mysterious black ship have to do with the murders?” Io9 has the first few pages posted if you want to take a look: http://io9.com/5583007/first-pages-from-mulder-and-scullys-crossover-with-30-days-of-nights-vampires
Featured in over 60 tv shows and movies, it is probably best known as Scully’s Washington, D.C. apartment in the X-Files.
If you can not afford the entire building, bricks from the garden area are available to purchase. You can contact Pendrell Suites and see the bricks using this link: http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/06/29/24675/pendrellsuitesbrickandcoa.jpg