What's the Connection?
- The Host posts the names of 2 or 3 episodes that have something specific in common - a connection.
- Categories of connections include: a common theme, a character, a location, or just about anything provided it is not too obscure (Man wears blue tie) or too prevalent (Man smokes at desk).
- The player who guesses the connection first wins, and then Hosts the next round by posting 2 or 3 new episodes that share a connection.
- If a player guesses something that applies, but that is not the connection the Host intended, the game continues until the correct connection is made.
- If no one has guessed the connection after 7 guesses, the Host wins, & can then post a new set of episodes or pass their turn to another player.
- The Host can also decide whether to provide clues if the game has stalled.
What's the Connection: "Darkness Falls" and "Detour"?
Answer: Both episodes were set in the forest.
The two episodes can be linked by a common theme, a character, a location, or just about anything. However, the connection shouldn't be too obscure, otherwise nobody will get it. For example, probably don't use two episodes being connected because Mulder wore a blue tie in each episode! LOL However, hopefully this game will be mentally challenging!
If no-one has guessed the connection after 7 guesses, the player who posed the puzzle wins. S/he can then go again, or pass his/her turn to someone else.
Okay, I'll go first:
What's the Connection: "Beyond the Sea" and "Sein und Zeit"?
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012